Aiea Hawaii is Home to Pearlridge Center and Sumida Farm
Aiea is a city in Hawaii’s Marquesas Islands. Visitors can enjoy its beaches and many recreational activities. The town is home to the second largest mall in the country, Pearlridge Center. The town is also home to Sumida Farm, Hawaii’s largest watercress farm. A World War II plane crash is also located in the Marquesas Islands. The city is not named Eiao.
Pearlridge Center is Hawaii’s second largest mall
The Pearlridge Center is one of Hawaii’s largest shopping centers. The mall features both local and national retailers. Visitors to Pearlridge can shop in one of two food courts and enjoy a movie at the theater. A weekly farmers market is also held at the Pearlridge Center. A monorail ride to the mall costs just $1. Visitors can enjoy the mall’s amenities from their car or ride the monorail.
The company Glimcher purchased a 20 percent stake in Pearlridge Center in 2010 and later bought the remaining 80 percent from Blackstone Real Estate Partners VI. The price of the deal will include Blackstone’s pro-rata share of the property’s $175 million mortgage debt. Glimcher plans to fund the transaction with the net proceeds of its public offering of common stock and available funds from its credit facility. The mall has total leasable space of one million square feet and an occupancy rate of over 99 percent.
Sumida Farm is Hawaii’s largest watercress farm
For nearly 100 years, Sumida Farm, Inc. has cultivated the freshest watercress in Hawaii. The company is stewards of the Kalauao Spring, Hawaii’s largest watercress producer. Watercress is an important part of Hawaii’s cuisine, but a lot of people are not aware that Kalauao Spring is a sacred site.
Luckily, the springs in the Pearl Harbor region have declined nearly half since 1880. These springs provide the water necessary for Sumida Farm, a four-hectare multigenerational family farm that produces more than 70% of the watercress consumed in Hawaii. The farm relies on the spring flow to maintain its productivity. It is not only important for the farmers, but for the environment, too.
Keaiwa Heiau is a Hawaiian temple
Visitors to the Hawaiian island of Oahu should not miss the chance to visit the ancient Keaiwa Heiau, also known as a heiau ho’ola. This ancient Hawaiian temple, built in the 16th century, was used by priests and kahuna for medicinal purposes. This temple was also a place of fasting and prayer, and the priests there would prescribe various medicinal formulas to cure various ailments.
Located in the state park of Aiea, Keaiwa Heiau is an ancient Hawaiian temple. It is renowned for its healing properties and is home to a number of Hawaiian herb doctors. Visitors can visit the temple by walking the Aiea Loop Trail, which is less than five miles long. If you want to get the most out of your trip, plan on spending a couple of hours hiking and relaxing here.
Aloha Stadium hosts the National Football League’s Pro Bowl
Hawaii has the honor of hosting the National Football League’s Pro Bowl. However, the current venue is outdated, suffering from code non-compliance, and salt-water weathering. The current stadium was built in 1972, and is a little over four decades old. The State of Hawaii has earmarked $350 million to build a new one, as well as a stadium village. The project is expected to begin late in 2022.
Although the NFL decided to move the game to Orlando after the first two years, the decision was unrelated to Aloha Stadium or Hawaii’s ability to host the game. The Hawaii Tourism Authority used the $5 million to fund various sports competitions and community events. The money generated by the Pro Bowl will help preserve Hawaii’s culture and sponsor community events. In addition to the game, Hawaii will also benefit from a U.S. women’s soccer exhibition game in December.
Commander Thomas C Latimore vanished while walking in the hills above Aiea
The incident of Commander Thomas C Latimore disappearing while hiking in the hills above Aiea, Hawaii, remains one of the most mysterious in U.S. Navy history. He was a seasoned hiker who was heading towards the summit of the Koolau range when he went missing. The Navy declared him dead, citing a lack of information on the cause of his death.
Although there was no conclusive explanation for Latimore’s disappearance, there are theories about his disappearance. Latimore was a naval intelligence spy, and his command of the USS Dobbin was a cover for an investigation. However, there is little evidence to support these theories, and the disappearance of the veteran has remained a mystery for nearly seven decades.